Thursday 28 February 2013

Not Responding To Treatment

Today has been a hard day. I have been putting off going to a new therapist, and today I finally made it to my appointment. It started off normally enough, filling out forms, discussing medical history and goals. Then I was asked to fill out some questionnaires  Anyone who has been to a therapist for depression or anxiety is familiar with the types of questionnaires that I am talking about. I filled them out and gave them back to be marked. 

I still scores very high on both tests. Unfortunately these are not the type of test you want to score high on. It seems despite the support groups, therapy, medication and countless self help books I am still severely depressed and have very bad anxiety. 

Apparently I am not responding to treatment, the tools I have don't work well, and my medication isn't working well. It's very disheartening, especially since I already feel so badly all of the time. It makes me want to give up. 

But I made an appointment for next week. I'm also setting something up with a nutritionist and I'm hopeful it will be next week too. I need to try some new things. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I'm not ready to give up yet, so the only other option is to keep trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment