Friday 8 February 2013

Breaking Bad Habits

As a dis-functional I have several bad habits that I am trying to break. Other than large problems like bulimia and depressive tendencies I have a few simpler ones. One that I have been trying to break lately is biting my nails. I have been doing this for as long as I remember. I don't just bite them a little, when I'm having a bad day I will bit them until they bleed.

It is proving to be a difficult habit to break. Now that it is classified as an OCD I feel a little more validated that I can't just stop. I have tried several things, from bitter tasting polish to wearing gloves when I sleep. I even bit my nails when I spring to have them done professionally. I even bit them when I had gel nails.

It seems like an inconsequential habit to focus on, especially when I compare it to the other problems I have. But I'm trying to start small and easy. The only problem is it isn't easy. It's harder than Hell.

I had my nails done today and my goal is to go a full week without biting them off or ruining the polish. I feel like if I can break this habit that I can move on o something more difficult. Like fixing my depression or anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment