Saturday 5 January 2013

It's Not Easy being Nuts

We are officially 5 days into 2013 and so far everything has been OK. My naturally pessimistic and paranoid self worries that something really bad is about to happen but I keep trying to push that thought away. Denial is OK as long as you are denying useless negativity.

My first resolution of the year was to cook new things and eat less crappy. I would give myself a C- so far. I have tried a few new dishes, thanks to some pinterest inspiration. But I have also had a hard time giving up junk food. I am a sucker for sweets or salty treats. I have cut back a bit, and the new recipes have all been healthy. I just need to stop eating oreos after having an avocado salad. Seems kind of counter productive.

I am also a stress eater (shocking eh?) and I haven't been sleeping well which makes me easier to stress out during the day. It is the weekend now though so it is time to relax and try to get some balance back.

Balance is difficult to come by when your nuts. The anxiety and depression either tend to hold you back or cause you to go over the edge. It's not a good combination for rest and relaxation. But it is a new year, and good things are coming. All I need to focus on now is eating better; the finances, bad habits, career searching, and artistic endeavors can wait. I'm trying to take things one at a time instead of all at once.

So this nut is going to keep on rolling. I just have to focus on rolling away from the doughnuts and towards something healthier. Like pop tarts. They count as fruit right?


No comments:

Post a Comment